The main components of a vape are the battery, tank, coil, mouthpiece and the e-juice.
The battery provides the power to a heating element (coil) which heats the flavoured liquid (e-juice) as it is drawn through the mouthpiece from the tank where the e-juice is stored.
Batteries can be either built in or removable. Cigalikes, pods and pen style vapes usually have built in batteries. Charging is by way of the charging cable provided in the starter kit. It is important to use charging cables that match your Vape device.
A Vape battery can be either automatically activated or manually activated. Automatic activation is when the user inhales on the vape and the flow of air is detected by a sensor which activates the battery. Manually activating the battery is when the user presses a button (the fire button) at the same time as inhaling on the Vape. Manually activated batteries usually provide more power, more control, and longer life and can be turned off and on as required.
Many different sized vape batteries (e.g. 21700, 18350, 22650, 18650) are available for Vapes but the most commonly used is the 18650. Most devices allow for the battery to be charged on-board via a charging cable usually provided by the Vape device manufacturer when purchasing a starter kit. Battery Chargers can be ordered separately.
Battery care is of the utmost importance.
A few tips include:-
- Condition the battery with a good initial charge to ensure longer life.
- Charge the battery prior to extended periods of no use in order to keep the protection circuit active.
- Charge the battery before being fully drained.
- Remove battery from charger when fully charged.
- Charge batteries on a hard surface.
- Do not leave batteries unattended during charging.
- Do not leave batteries charging overnight.
- Turn off the device when not in use.
- Avoid high temperatures or direct sunlight or extreme cold.
- Do not carry batteries in pockets or loosely where contact can be made with other metal objects such a keys, coins or other batteries.
- Use a carry case when transporting batteries.
- Regularly inspect and dispose of batteries that have been damaged in any way (e.g. dents, torn wrapping, swelling, etc.).
- Never allow batteries to become wet or come in contact with water.
- Clean battery terminals regularly with a tissue or cotton swab soaked in alcohol and allow to fully dry before use.
Always purchase batteries from a reputable wholesale vape store. Some cheap batteries purchased over the internet do not have over charge protection and can prove to be dangerous.
Remember any battery has only a limited life span so it always wise to have a spare available.